5 ways to save money at the checkout
5 Fun Ways to Save Money at the Checkout
Let’s face it, money doesn’t grow on trees and every penny counts. That’s why we have some fun ideas for you to save money when you shop! You don’t have to become a tightwad with your budget, but by following a few of these tips at the checkout, you could start seeing some serious savings in no time.
- Don’t Shop Hungry! This one may seem like common sense but it’s worth mentioning. We all know that feeling when you enter the grocery store with an empty stomach – before you know it, you’ve added unnecessary items to your cart that weren’t on your list! Eating something before shopping is a great way to prevent overspending and make sure that whatever is in your basket is actually necessary.
- Look for Items on Special: It pays to be aware of what’s in season and what’s discounted! Many stores will put certain items on special each week and if they’re things that you need anyway, why not take advantage? It could mean the difference between spending $50 or $100 on groceries.
- Shop Seasonal: Shopping seasonal products can also mean saving big bucks at check out. In-season fruits and vegetables are usually cheaper than buying out of season items from abroad that have been flown across the world just to make their way into your trolley! Plus seasonal produce usually tastes better too so there’s an added bonus there.
- Low Cost Cuts: When it comes to meat, keep an eye out for low cost cuts such as mince or stewing steak rather than more expensive options like ribeye steak which will bump up your bill significantly. Investing in a slow cooker can also help stretch your food budget further as cheaper cuts of meat can be cooked slowly over time without compromising on flavour or quality!
- Use Shping: Shping can give you an automatic comparison on your grocery items so you’ll always pay the lowest price. It’s the easiest way to cut your spending and it’s completely free to use.
You don’t have to be Scrooge McDuck when it comes to doing groceries – there are plenty of creative ways to save money and still get exactly what you need at the checkout! Being mindful of what’s in season, looking out for discounts and being aware of cheaper cuts of meat are all simple ways that can help reduce costs while shopping so next time you hit the store, take note of our suggestions and see how much you can save! Who knows – maybe those savings will add up enough for a well deserved holiday away this year? The possibilities are endless!